iPhone 4 Battery Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by imjameswesley, Apr 24, 2012.

1. imjameswesley macrumors newbie

Alright, so I have an iPhone 4 (AT&T) that was dropped in water about 3 weeks ago. Did all the things you'd usually do for a phone dropped in water (rice, fan, blow dryer etc.) It turns on, and would only charge up to 6% up until recently. As of this morning I was able to get it to 44% and it stopped right there, and when I turned it off it was back at 14% where it turns off and on until charged for about 30 minutes. After it stops turning off and on, I left it unplugged for about 3 hours, where it stayed at 14% with wifi on, and the brightness turned all the way up. I did a hardboot on it about 10 minutes ago to see if the % would correct itself, and now its back to 6% and turning off and on again.. I've also restored it a few times but I'm probably going to end up buying a new battery through a third party for about $30. Any other suggestions?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

A new battery is probably your best bet at this point.

3. NiftyMac macrumors newbie

Yeah, I would have to agree with Miles. Get yourself a new battery, I've bought replacement batteries on eBay for around $6-$15 w/ free shipping for my i4. To install its extremely easy, watch the video on youtube, its literally removing the 2 screws on the bottom of the phone, slide the panel off & remove the screw holding down the battery connection & remove battery & replace. Good Luck.