iPhone 4 Battery Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JakeyBoy, Jun 27, 2010.

1. JakeyBoy macrumors member

I've found that 38 hours worth of battery life Engadget posted in their review to sound like a bit much. However this is less than a week into our new toys, and I know we're all playing hard. So, just for the curious, and to make sure none of us got shorted, how bout a study? If you'd like, post your numbers, however to be more exact, lets go by the usage number under Settings>General>Usage.
    If you will, post both Usage and Standby stats since the last full charge when you get down to 20%. Try to be as exact as possible.

So on my iPhone 4 going from 100% to 20% I've got...
    Usage 5 hours 4 minutes
    Standby 16 hours 8 minutes
    Total 21 hours 12 minutes

2. kaplanfx macrumors member

The usage numbers don't mean much. They could be entirely audio listening with the screen and wifi and blutooth off, or they could be 3G browsing with high brightness while steaming Pandora.

-kap

3. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Usage: 6 hours 52 mins
    Standby: 9 hours 35 mins

Battery left: 15%

I'm currently using it now to type this
    And I have hardly put this phone down today at ALL
    I've played games, recorded and edited HD video, music etc

I'm very happy with the battery performance. It blows my 3G outta the water.

Like I said I pretty much literally have not sat this phone down lol. And I text every 5 seconds 

4. JakeyBoy thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, you're right, does vary a lot, it'll still be interesting to see the average use everyone's getting out of their phones though. That is if this topic doesn't get buried before anyone throws in their two cents.

5. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Usage: 7 Hours 26 Minutes
    Standby: 12 Hours 54 Minutes

3% left as I am typing this. Most of this was Internet/Facebook/Games with around 2 Hours of iPod usage. Brightness is around 80%, 3G on, Location Services on, Wifi Off, and checking email every hour on 3 accounts.

6. jwwpua macrumors member

I just wanted to point out that Standby time includes Usage time. Standby is how long your phone has been powered on since the last full charge. So really, your total is 16 hours 8 minutes.

Source: http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

7. stevo8 macrumors 6502

usage: 3hrs 57min
    Standby 1day 5hrs
    44% left

screen about 50% push off emails checked every hour, location services on.