Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbancity

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Hi guys,

I have a four day old iPhone 4. I've noticed that even if I charge my iPhone overnight (typically from 11-6:30am), the battery indicator does not reach 100%. It reads 93-94%.

Is this normal, and if not how should I charge my phone such that it's fully charged?

iHeartapple2

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Turn off the phone and then turn it back on after a full charge. It should display 100% then. I have this problem every now and then.

iPhoneGweek

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
The problem is not the battery it's the percentage meter it is not working I had the same problem Go to settings->General->usage->Battery percentage turn it off then on reset your iPhone while it's on by pressing home and power at the lock screen for 10 sec don't touch the slide to power off just keep pressing till apple logo pops up then everything will be regular (nothing will be erased)

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
If the above two suggestions don't work. Try running it all the way down, 0%, til it shuts off on it's own.

Wait til one evening when your low, then play a game or something battery intensive to drain it.

Then charge to full overnight. The 0% to 100% swing triggers a recalibration of the sensor.

It's not totally far retched that charge levels may have drifted a bit depending on how long it was in storage and what temperature swings it might have experienced .

Apple recommends this procedure once every month or so anyway for battery health.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
If the above two suggestions don't work. Try running it all the way down, 0%, til it shuts off on it's own.

Wait til one evening when your low, then play a game or something battery intensive to drain it.

Then charge to full overnight. The 0% to 100% swing triggers a recalibration of the sensor.

It's not totally far retched that charge levels may have drifted a bit depending on how long it was in storage and what temperature swings it might have experienced .

Apple recommends this procedure once every month or so anyway for battery health.

lol

if the above two suggestions don't work, go buy a new phone cause your 2 years is almost up. (check date of orig. post)

Last edited:

mastsethi

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2012
If the battery backup is fine, then there is nothing to worry. Make sure you don't overcharge your battery!

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
If the battery backup is fine, then there is nothing to worry. Make sure you don't overcharge your battery!

You cannot overcharge an iPhone battery. The charging circuitry shuts off automatically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.