iPhone 4 Best buy Inventory

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by youngsunnz, Jun 20, 2010.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

Does anyone know how much inventory best buy is getting. Also when do you think best buy will get its inventory, or at least the amount allocated to its store in its system? Thanks, there's probably a forum about this already but couldn't find it. Thanks

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Seriously, think about this: How could anyone here possibly know the answer to your question? Any response would be pure speculation, such as: Well, if they begin to sell the phone on Thursday, then I think that they will get their shipment on wednesday.

3. texasipod macrumors newbie

No one really knows. Speculation has had the number at about 45 per store. No one knows the breakdown of any number of 16gb vs. 32gb. I am hoping that Best Buy was able to place an order for the exact number of pre-orders, but I doubt it.

4. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

well my friend was #51 at a store and they just called him and said they would not have the phone for him on launch day. I'm not surprised though.

5. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Hey guys chill out he could possibly get a definitive answer here. There is another thread that is saying walmart is only getting 1 iPhone which I thought was soo strange. Not because it's just one iPhone but last night when I went to my Walmart to ask, the 2 reps there (younger kids my age 20-22) said the same thing that there only getting 1 iPhone. Anyways, I have no idea personally how many iPhones they will get. I would just say, wait in line if you have an Apple store or if you're like me and you dont, wait in line at AT&T.

6. jp93 macrumors regular

They probably want them for themselves so they tell people that they dont have any lol :confused:

7. TwoFive3 macrumors member

8. Savor Suspended

Savor

All I know is, many of us who pre-ordered will be at the edge of our seats for the next few days while waiting for that phone call for that appointment...

A photo finish here. I am #11 and like my chances, but who really knows? Total chaos that day in what looks to be the fastest selling iPhone in history.

9. 8mpg macrumors regular

nobody really knows until BB gets them in the store and calls the people that ahve reservations. Then they will know.

Im on the edge of my seat because Im 14 and 15 on the list...my sister was #1, but this was through a Best Buy Mobile only store...not a full best buy. The store said they only sold 1/2 of their allotment of reservations.

10. RC83 macrumors 6502

Has anyone called a BB today and asked for an update? Iphones are shipping, So they may know

11. 8mpg macrumors regular

My sisters friend works at teh BB Mobile that we reserved our phones from and they didnt find out anything about the reservations until the day before, so I wouldnt figure you are going to hear much until Wednesday.

If I hear something, I will let you guys know. Her friend is supposed to call as he has some concrete news.

12. atruvo macrumors newbie

Spoke with the person at BestBuy yesterday and she told me I was #8 on list for 32GB Black. She said "it should not be a problem" and I would be contacted this week to set up an appointment. She also said "it is the people who pre-ordered white that will be having a problem".

13. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

The Best Buy inventory system should tell them how many the distribution center has on had, as well as how many should be coming to their store. As a former employee, I know that number isn't always exact. However, being that no one really knows how many are going where, this system may not be updated until wednesday.

14. RC83 macrumors 6502

at least they didn't say they weren't getting any at all... We still have hope... Im #4 at my store..

15. zabedsauce macrumors newbie

16. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

17. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Unfortunately all this means is that is how many BB has asked for. They hqve no control over how many apple actually ships them since they are shipped from apple and do not come from a warehouse.

18. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

Yeah I got excited when I saw the 32G in White, but then remembered it said ordered. I hope they update in the next few days and see what is in transit to the store. I am #1 on the 32g white pre-order list and before everyone jumps on me, I know I might not get one right away, but that's ok. I have a white 3gs and it works fine, just means when they do get white in I will be the first to get one. The guys at best buy told me that they can't guarantee when I will get one, just that i'll be the first when they do. :) I haven't gotten a call to tell me otherwise and probably won't till wed. or even thursday.

19. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Unfortunately if it is anything like the 3GS launch they wont get in transit numbers since they are coming ups or fedex direct from apple. They only get in transit numbers for things coming from the warehouse.

20. JeninNC macrumors member

JeninNC

Thanks. I didn't know that :)