Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OFIRLEVY66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Hello
I'm looking for screen protector that the cut of the earpiece/home button will be most accurate and also in the edges..
I have now Power Support crystal and its great but the home button cut is just too big and also the edges has a lot of space and its really annoying when I go naked...
Any suggestions? the screen protector must have high quality like the PS...

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Hello
I'm looking for screen protector that the cut of the earpiece/home button will be most accurate and also in the edges..
I have now Power Support crystal and its great but the home button cut is just too big and also the edges has a lot of space and its really annoying when I go naked...
Any suggestions? the screen protector must have high quality like the PS...

I just installed the SGP ultra optics - IMO it's cut a little bit better than the PS, and comes just a little closer to the edge. But I do think the PS is a slightly better quality shield, so it is a little bit of a tradeoff.

alox

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
i'll go for Power Support USA crystal or anti glare...they're good!

Shareen

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
I would definitely say SGP. I used PS, PhantomSkinz, GhostArmor, over 50 cheap screen protectors of ebay but SGP definitely has the best cut! And if you ask me the best quality. Easy to apply too :)

drater

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
The bowels of CT
I would definitely say SGP. I used PS, PhantomSkinz, GhostArmor, over 50 cheap screen protectors of ebay but SGP definitely has the best cut! And if you ask me the best quality. Easy to apply too :)

I would have to agree. I've used PS, phantomskinz, and many others and still I find SGP to be the best quality overall. If you're looking for anti glare, the ultra find is a great option for the iphone. I also hear the ultra optics is really nice too. Gonna try to get my hands on some of them soon. Good luck

RebeccaL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
i don't like the fact that the SGP ones have a single large cutout for the front camera and speaker, making them look obvious. on the PS ones there are separate holes and you can barely tell there is a screen protector on.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
i don't like the fact that the SGP ones have a single large cutout for the front camera and speaker, making them look obvious. on the PS ones there are separate holes and you can barely tell there is a screen protector on.

My oleophobic has both a separate front camera cut out as well as a speaker cutout so not to sure what you mean, maybe their old protectors were like that? But my oleophobic is my favorite SP, I wouldn't even think about changing it, definitely recommend it!

RebeccaL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
My oleophobic has both a separate front camera cut out as well as a speaker cutout so not to sure what you mean, maybe their old protectors were like that? But my oleophobic is my favorite SP, I wouldn't even think about changing it, definitely recommend it!

On December 2010 they still had the large cutot. Like in this picture:

IMG_3030.jpg

They must have changed them recently The pic is from this review:
http://www.cellphone-reviews.co.uk/2010/11/sgp-steinheil-ultra-oleophobic-screen.html

If they indeed changed the camera/speaker cut I would try them. My only two gripes with SGP is the separate cuts and the fact they don't make an oleophobic back protector only front.

Last edited:

RebeccaL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
On December 2010 they still had the large cutot. Like in this picture:

IMG_3030.jpg

They must have changed them recently The pic is from this review:
http://www.cellphone-reviews.co.uk/2010/11/sgp-steinheil-ultra-oleophobic-screen.html

If they indeed changed the camera/speaker cut I would try them. My only two gripes with SGP is the separate cuts and the fact they don't make an oleophobic back protector only front.

Does anyone has pics of the newer SGP oleophobic with separate speaker/cam cuts?

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
i think the single cut is easier to apply when lining up. I have to say the last 2 sgp's i have put on with such perfection i dont mind looking like a one-eyed freak as i achieve this goal.:D

I'm just looking for a screen protector that will fit inside of a incase slider

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.