iPhone 4 billing knightmare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dayloon, Jun 17, 2010.

1. dayloon macrumors 6502

On the 15th June I attempted to place an order for the iphone 4. Due to the demand, the website crashed after i entered my card details. I waited for about 1 hour in the hope that maybe the order went through despite the problem. I called Apple up who confirmed that no order had been received. I then placed the order again and this time I was successful. Once again, i called Apple who confirmed they only had this 1 order in my name on the system.

However, today I checked my bank account and noticed that Apple had deducted £624 from my account twice. I called my bank who confirmed that they have taken this money 2 times.

I called Apple again who said that only 1 order could be found and had no idea where the other payment came from. I explained the problem I had with the website while attempting to make the first order and the lady on the phone then said that she would speak to the billing/payment department to track down the original payment and have it refunded to me but when i called back later, the other guy said there are no notes about that on my account.

Basically, it looks like when the website crashed, it didn't generate an order but it did debit my bank account.

I've called Apple 3 times now and spoken to somebody from Ireland, the Netherlands and the US. All 3 told me different things. It's doing my head in.

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

Are they pending charges or are they charges that have actually gone through and the money is completely gone? A pending charge usually falls off in 7 days or so

3. dayloon thread starter macrumors 6502

Well i paid via a debit card, not credit card. My bank said that apple have now claimed the money and it's gone. Although apple can't seem to find it and are telling me whatever it takes to get me off the phone.

4. army91c macrumors 6502a

I say you kill them all........ no really I have had this happen with some plane tickets and it really sucks.

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Maybe in a duel? (get it? "knight"-mare? harhar :eek:)

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

There is a two step process involved. Authorization and then settlement. With an authorization on a debit card the funds will be put on hold for up to 30 days, if it is never settled then the funds will be returned to you. None of these charges should be settled until ship time. I'm a merchant, so I know how this works. At times we have customers that are upset because they cancel and order but the funds are still on hold in their account. We explain this all to them, but some just won't accept it. We have at times had to contact their bank to get them to release the funds early.

7. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

That sucks, I hope they get this problem resolved for you soon.

8. Fredyt911 macrumors newbie

I'm sure the charge will drop like others have stated. If it doesn't and you do get charged twice, but Apple says they only billed you once, then you can just file an Unauthorized/Fraudulent Activity Report from your bank. Banks here in the US are usually easy to get a refund for this, but I don't know how it works there. Give it a try though. Do know that this would be done only if you actually get two charges posted on your account.

9. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Itr is not a big deal. Dispute one of the charges. The bank should immediately credit your account till the issue is resolved.

10. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

11. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

That really sucks man. Hope you get it straightened out soon.

12. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

refund

They probably will refund your money once they find the problem.

13. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

[​IMG]

"Knightmare" :D

Attached Files:

14. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

^This^

Dispute fool.