iPhone 4 Black Screen After Putting old screen back on.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Galixi, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Galixi macrumors newbie

Well i took my original screen off while i was doing a dock connector Replacement because the pins inside broke. After putting everything together the screen is black but it still works. It vibrates and Even makes noises. I restored the iphone but still no image just a black screen with the back light on. I already restored it and Pressed the home and sleep for 10 seconds. The phone turns off but doesn't come back on until i turn it on by pressing power button or plugging it in. i check to make sure all connectors was plugged in and everything but still no image just black screen!!!!! Help please??? Is The Lcd broke or what??

2. gadgetrx.net macrumors newbie

-Inspect the connection of the digitizer and lcd (both on the screen and on the board). Do any pins seem bent or is there any debris in them?
    -I know this is a long shot but if you have another lcd lying around (can even be a cracked one) you can hook it up without taking the old screen off to see if the lcd has somehow broke during the dock repair.
    -Try powering on the phone without the dock connecter hooked up to the board