iPhone 4 Black Screen, Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by henkeike, Jul 3, 2011.

1. henkeike macrumors newbie

i've been looking everywhere for a solution for this but nothing have worked!

my iphone have been acting up for a week, i called a place and they told me to restore the phone and to sedd if it work, i tried it but got lots of errors, like 14,21,1600, and so on, but when i changed computer it all worked fine, the iphone was restored to 4.3.3

i after that jailbroke the iphone with sn0wbreeze (2.7.3) and it all worked fine for 2 days, untill today the phone just died when i tried to take a picture with the camera! i did a hard reset *sleep/home* untill it restarted, but then the iphone froze completely on the slide to unlock screen.

i puted the iphone into the computer, did another hard reset but this time it said the iphone is in recovery mode in itunes, so i presed the reset button, then itunes started downloading the update file and then while it did that the iphone died and got a black screen, it's not turned off its on but the screen is black, the phone is also a bit warm. i tried all kinds of enter DFU modes and RecBoot etc, but the iphone dosen't show up in itunes anymore, in either recovery mode or anything else, i can't even get the black screen away, or see the apple logo,

what should i do? im afraid that i can't send it to apple as it was jailbroken

please someone help me, what should i do? do i have to buy a completely new iphone? :'(

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Did you install the iPad baseband to be able to unlock? If not, then there is no reason for you to use custom firmware.

Put your phone in DFU mode and shift + restore to a stock 4.3.3 IPSW.

Then provide us with updates.

3. henkeike thread starter macrumors newbie

no, i've not installed any basband for ipad, my iphone was factory unlocked,
    and i've tried so many times to put it in DFU but it dosen't work, itunes can't recognice it at all

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Hold your sleep and home buttons together for 15 seconds while plugged into a computer to make sure that you're not somehow already in DFU mode?

5. henkeike thread starter macrumors newbie

yes tried it, but no response on the phone, it still shows a black screen (not the black on that you have when it's turned off)

i have absolutely no idea, i have been able to got the phone into DFU before when i had problem but now it dosen't work at all, i can't even turn the phone off, i wish i could just remove the battery and put it back in to reset it

btw, what is the tiny small hole next to the headphone hole? a reset button?

i wanna send it in for a new but im afraid they will see it's been jailbroken and will not replace it :S