iphone 4 black screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whiskeyvol, Aug 15, 2011.

1. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

i've looked around/searched this forum, but really can't find anything that addresses my issue.

my phone is showing a black screen, but i'm getting no signs of life on the screen itself (no logo, apps, etc.). itunes recognizes it as a device, and doesn't tell me that there's a problem. the phone makes a vibration sound when i toggle the vibrate button, but other than that, nothing. i get texts/calls/etc, but nothing shows up on the screen.

i've got my SHSH blobs saved, but am not sure if i need to go into recovery mode, or if there's something else going on? please tell me there's a way to fix this w/o upgrading to 4.3.5 (currently on 4.3.2)

thx in advance for any help

2. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

Try a hard reboot (hold down home+sleep button till the apple logo appears) or restore your device. If this doesn't help, it's most likely a hardware problem. So go to an apple store and explain your problem.

3. whiskeyvol thread starter macrumors regular

took it to the apple store and they told me it indicated water damage to the phone; however, i can't recall a single time it had gotten wet.

luckily they gave me the option to buy a replacement for $199, which i'll probably do since they told me it wouldn't affect my current contract. also, i noticed that people are selling water damaged iphones on ebay for over $300, so it's pretty much a no-brainer to buy a new one.

4. whiskeyvol thread starter macrumors regular

not sure how or why, but i got a replacement for free. i won at apple today.:)

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

They don't let you keep your old iPhone so selling it isn't an option, if that's what you were getting at.

Sick. :D