Iphone 4 blank screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gupu, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Gupu macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm new to this forum but I really need some help with my dad's iphone 4. You see, we're on a trip and his iphone screen went black and wont show up anything, not even the apple logo but it is still recognized by the computer and it still makes sounds, so the problem should be with the screen. It's still under warranty but the problem is he wants to take all his contact information in his iphone to the computer but the phone is not jailbroken, so i havo no idea how to transfer the contact files. So, does anyone knows how to do this? the device is running 4.3

Forgot to tell, but when I connect the iphoen to the computer it gets really hot on the back, just below where the camera is

2. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

Normally you're contacts should automaticly save with the backup. So just do a backup with iTunes and restore it on the new on.
    On Windows there is also the possibility to synch your contacts to Outlook via iTunes.