iPhone 4 Bluetooth issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SCOfoshO, Aug 10, 2010.

1. SCOfoshO macrumors member

Hey guys,

I am new to the iPhone. iPhone 4 is my first. So far everything works perfectly except for my bluetooth.

I am wondering if I am doing it wrong. I figured it was as easy as going to settings>general>bluetooth and switching it on. Unfortunately, after doing this I still cannot connect to any bluetooth devices. Sometimes I am able to find a device, but am unable to connect to it. My computer (Mac) says my "device" doesn't have the necessary services.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anyway to fix it or do I have to take it in to the Apple store?

Thanks and any help is much appreciated :)

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

the iphone cant connect, your doing everything right, just not allowed

3. SCOfoshO thread starter macrumors member

so your saying the iPhone can't connect to computers or to ANY devices? It won't connect to my bluetooth or even with my friends phone

4. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

it can connect to headsets, other iphones and ipod touches for gaming and the apple wireless keyboard but it wont connect to a computer, i dont know if you can connect to other non iphones for photo transfers and such

5. threezero macrumors 6502

It's always embarrassing explaining to people iphone's Bluetooth disability. No u can't transfer file between computers and other phones. My 6 yr old Sony Ericsson can.... So can motorola razr.... So can the first Bluetooth equip phone with no color screen. So can every other smart or dumb phone ok the market right now.

It's embarrassing, there is a jb solution but it not very elegant

6. SCOfoshO thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your input. I been trying to connect to my bluetooth and it won't even find the device. This is really odd to me.....I guess I could just make an appointment and see whats up. I hope I don't have to replace my iPhone.

7. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i think apple did it to prevent trading music and stuff and also so there is no wireless syncing, but i agree with you that it should have at least photo and video transfer

8. SCOfoshO thread starter macrumors member

wow lol. That is a little embarrassing....but I can't even connect to my headset

9. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i had trouble at first connecting my keyboard, try to do a hard reset, home/mute button until screen turns off, see if that helps, the headset should connect