Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbeliever

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
This is my 3rd iphone from 2g to 3g to iP4. There have always been tweaks that Apple fixes with updates and I've come to live with that.

But...I've had my iP4 for exactly one week and things are getting worse:confused:

I run my own business and use my phone 4 hours a day. I have to use a bluetooth headset for both my own sanity and because my face constantly mutes and shuts off the iP4.

I'm running 4.02 with a Plantronics 925. Everyone says I sound like I'm under water. I've unpaired, reset, and repeated no good. I know there's a noise cancellation issue but that's no excuse. As of yesterday there's a more than faint high pitched beeping during every call when I use the apple headphones.

After practically being forced to upgrade because Apple conveniently made iOS4 not work well on 3g's I'm having worse issues with iP4.

Don't get me wrong. I hate Microsoft. I Love Apple. I use Apple programs everyday to help me in business and can't imagine a life without them.

That being said I spend $130 per month, $200 for upgrades every other year, and literally thousands per year on other Apple hardware and software for business and I cant use my BLUETOOTH?

Can anyone help me with my sanity which is waning?

chrisc983

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
I had a similar experience with a jabra headset that also had noise canceling. Sometimes it would work great and other times it was horrible. I had one person comment that it sounded like I was using cans and string. I switched to the jawbone icon and so far no complaints. I wonder if it's a compatibility thing. As the jawbone seems like it was made a little beter for the iPhone as when it is synced theirs a battery meter for the jawbone that automaticly comes up on the iPhone next to the phones own battery meter. So maybe try a different headset if possible.

macbeliever

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
I had a similar experience with a jabra headset that also had noise canceling. Sometimes it would work great and other times it was horrible. I had one person comment that it sounded like I was using cans and string. I switched to the jawbone icon and so far no complaints. I wonder if it's a compatibility thing. As the jawbone seems like it was made a little beter for the iPhone as when it is synced theirs a battery meter for the jawbone that automaticly comes up on the iPhone next to the phones own battery meter. So maybe try a different headset if possible.

Hey Chris-Thanks for your input. I hate to sound like a whiner but I use my ip4 for business all day and having to go through gyrations just to get a bluetooth headset that works on a $600 cell phone seems a little asinine.

Now after buying a $100 Jabra 3 months ago I have to sell it at take a huge loss and buy another $100 bluetooth.

Sometimes being an Appleholic is more of a P-I-T-A than it's worth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.