iPhone 4 Bluetooth Profiles for SMS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by COBRASVT, Jun 18, 2010.

1. COBRASVT macrumors regular

Anyone know if the bluetooth SMS profile will finally be opened for the iPhone 4.

I'd love to finally be able to take advantage of one of those bluetooth watches that displays text messages, etc for when I'm stuck in a marathon meetings at work.

2. jbro1999 macrumors regular

3. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

You can't even switch tracks on Bluetooth stereo headsets (read: no AVRCP). What's up with that? And they SELL these accessories at the Apple store - how do you explain to customers that half of the features won't work with any of their own products in the store?

4. COBRASVT thread starter macrumors regular

Dang...I sure hope we're wrong. Seems like Jobs and Apple are finally figuring out it's just not that hard to give the public a product that almost everyone will want, use and love.

You'd think they could through all the blue tooth profiles in there. Oh well...here's hoping for the jail break community coming up with a solution as usual. :)

5. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Gawd tell me about it. I want the parrot motorcycle helmet kit soo bad but it's fairly useless with iPhone.

I don't understand why the iPhone is not the most badass Bluetooth device on the planet

6. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

"We weren't the first but we did it right" iOS5. Load of crap.