iPhone 4 bought in Oslo, Norway (key word: Proximity sensor)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by perry87, Oct 7, 2010.

1. perry87 macrumors newbie

I bought a iPhone 4 16 gb two weeks ago. This was my first ever iPhone. After a couple of days I experienced the proximity sensor problem. I brought the phone back to the store (not a Apple Store), and they sent it for repair. Three days later I received a new phone, only to figure out the new device's screen did light up during conversations, resulting in muting, putting on speaker etc, i.e. the proximity sensor issue. The phone went back and the process repeated it self with the third new device.

The consumer purchase law i Norway states that if a problem can't be fixed after the second attemt, the consumer can cancel the contract. Since I like everything else with the phone, except it is useless to function as a phone (ironic?), I asked the store manager if he could give me a device that did not have the proximity sensor issue. If he could, I would not cancel the contract. His reply was that my wish to have an iPhone without the proximity sensor issue, was not possible to fullfill. He said that every device, even his own, had the problem. If I couldn't accept having a phone that was unable to hold a conversation without interruptions, the iPhone was not what I should have.

The end of my first and most possible last experience with iPhone ends with me cancelling the contract.

The aim of this post is to enlighten possible buyers so that they can be aware of the proximity sensor issue.

Ps! Everyone of the three iPhones had the antenna issue. Sorry for any bad english writing.

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Fake and gay. Just kidding. Both issues have been thoroughly covered on here and elsewhere before. I would point you to threads you could have used but I'm on my iPhone and it's a little cumbersome to do so.

**edit** here's the most recent one
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1026477

3. kinpin macrumors newbie

iphone 4 in oslo

Hey i need some help please,
    I will be visiting Oslo and i want to buy an Iphone 4 too, can you tell me some shops where i can find the phone? or i can just buy it from the Apple store? Can you help me with some details please!

Thanks a lot, Calin