iphone 4 bricked, can't restore or load iOS

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Anotoneher, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Anotoneher macrumors member

I'm seriously about to have a heart attack and need immediate help. Been trying to upgrade iOS for 4 hours now. My (I believe) 94th try ended up with a 3004 error and my phone shutting down. When I turned it back on it says to plug it in iTunes. When I plug it in the phone goes to restore, then shuts down and gives me the error again. I can't even access ios4, restore, do anything. It's effectively bricked.

Please help!

2. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

Good Lord, get a hold of yourself! It's not bricked - Apple's servers are getting slammed right now. Keep trying or else wait until late evening and try again.

3. buddybd macrumors 6502

I don't think its even possible to brick an iOS device that way :p You can always enter DFU mode manually later on and continue with the update. Did you try manually downloading the ipsw and using Shift+Restore from iTunes to do the update?

4. Si80 macrumors newbie

I have exactly this same issue. Support states that it's a possible issue with a firewall but I can't see why or how as have always updated on same network.

Will just keep trying I guess :rolleyes:

5. fabianjj macrumors 6502

The same thing happend to mine. I am still trying to restore it, gotten different error messages in various phases of the upgrade 3020, 3004, 3014, 5000.

Still no luck...

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

7. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

It's not the firewall. People seem to ignore the obvious. This happened with iOS4 as well. Apple's servers are absolutely slammed right now and when iTunes tries to verify the restore, it will error out if it does not receive a response in a timely manner.

Just keep trying.

8. Anotoneher thread starter macrumors member

I have no idea what's happening right now... but iTunes now says restoring iPhone music and videos and my iPhone has a bar loading.

9. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Mine is doing this too.. just tried to upgrade to iOS 5 and then when upgrading an error popped up. Now when the phone restarts it starts in recovery mode and asks to restore. When I try that... that also fails so now the phone just keeps booting to the restore mode...... very annoying I need the phone for work in the morning...

So I am currenty getting the old firmware downloaded and hoping to restore back to that...

10. mau5ville macrumors newbie

yeah i've had the same happen to my phone

really not impressed at all, i need my phone for work in the morning and don't want to be up all night trying to fix it

11. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

ok mine just restored finally... after 5 tries

12. Si80 macrumors newbie

13. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

14. Anotoneher thread starter macrumors member

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

So it wasn't bricked?

16. Jayman84 macrumors newbie

Iv got the same problem, who did u fix it? did u just keep trying?

17. Si80 macrumors newbie

Yes. I think I attempted to restore at least a dozen times before it completed.

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Honestly not an Acceptable answer in my book.

Apple has f up yet another update. I am currently dealing with 3 devices here that are all bricked thanks to Apple's **** up. The "it just works" is complete BS. It is not your phone will not work for a while because our servers are down.

19. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Same here. Grrr