iphone 4 bricked from unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by choclo, Aug 16, 2011.

1. choclo macrumors newbie

I accidentally upgraded my iphone 4 to 4.3.5, so jailbroke it using redn0w and then stupidly tried to unlock it using ultrasn0w. The phone doesn't work and cannot be restored in either recovery mode or DFU mode. I took it to a tech guy who couldn't get it to restore either, I'm supposed to go bring back the phone to him tomorrow so he can try something else. Does anyone have any ideas for what can be done? I'm not tech-savvy enough to try myself (obviously) but I want to have some suggestions in case one of them is something he hasn't thought of.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

1st find a new Tech if he even lets you say your device is bricked find somebody else.! what has he done what have you done and how? what baseband is installed if you upgraded to 4.3.5 did you also upgrade your baseband to 05.15.02 ? or do you have the Ipad baseband 6.15 the 05.16.02 is not unlockable.only 05.13.04 and below are. how are you putting in DFU?

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

An iPhone can always be put into DFU mode. Something isn't being done correctly.

6.15.00 isn't an option because he's using an iP4! :p I agree though, if the 'tech' says it's bricked, you might want to find a new tech.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

wpw long day I missed that. i bet he updated his baseband when he installed 4.3.5 and now is unlockable the tech should have caught that. you might have to jailbreak tethered 4.3.5 tethered unless you have shsh blobs and get a gevey sim to unlock unlessyou made a effort to preserve that 1.59 baseband what a shame.

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Haha no worries man! I know you're an expert so I just figured you might have been drunk/tired. :p