iphone 4 bricked ios 5 dont wanna update

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yosin12, Nov 11, 2011.

1. yosin12 macrumors newbie

hello,

I have an iphone 4 running ios 5, i was jailbreaking it and something went wrong, my device got bricked, the i got it to go on the "connect to itunes" logo. when i press restore on itunes, it automaticly asks me to restore and update to ios 5.0.1. but i dont want that, i want to stay on 5.0 I do not have shsh blobs saved. I already tried doing shift restore but then i get error 3914.
    I have windows

tnx yosin12

2. yosin12 thread starter macrumors newbie

iphone 4 bricked ios 5 dont wanna update

hello,

I have an iphone 4 running ios 5, i was jailbreaking it and something went wrong, my device got bricked, the i got it to go on the "connect to itunes" logo. when i press restore on itunes, it automaticly asks me to restore and update to ios 5.0.1. but i dont want that, i want to stay on 5.0 I do not have shsh blobs saved. I already tried doing shift restore but then i get error 3914.
    I have windows

tnx yosin12

3. P4r4doX macrumors newbie

P4r4doX

What specifically have you done (before it has entered recovery mode or as you said connect to itunes logo) ? There is no way to save SHSH or downgrade (or restore with old firmware) on iOS 5+. Try hard reset or shift restore in DFU mode.

4. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

5. AlphaVictor87, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

thats not a bricked phone.... it still works.... deal with it and do 5.0.1. You're going to have to "get it" sooner or later when they eventually release 5.1 and later versions.

I don't get why people are waiting, this will all be rolled into one update eventually, so why hold out?

Unless you never plan to update your phone again, however i doubt that you won't do that.

EDIT: make one topic in one thread, there was no reason to post this in the iphone forum too. One of them should get deleted.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I refuse to offer any help till you remove bricked from your problem. It's not bricked.

7. P4r4doX macrumors newbie

P4r4doX

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

SHSH blobs dont work for anything 5.0 and higher anyway and Apple stopped signing 5.0
    Im affraid you're stuck restoring to 5.0.1
    No other option.

9. yosin12 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, i was making a youtube video of how to jailbreak ios 5 tethered, mine was already jailbroken, but for the video i decided to delete cydia sing cydelete, then i tryd to jailbreak it, and the apple logo appeared, i left it two hours now and the apple logo is still there

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hope you realize that was a bad idea.
    And with 5.0 and higher if you mess up like that you're stuck updating to the latest firmware cause you cant use TU or saved shsh blobs to restore to 5.0 or anything higher.

11. yosin12 thread starter macrumors newbie

but my device is not bricked, or atleast thats what some people told me, so how can i get rid of the apple logo

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sorry to say you shouldn't do YouTube video's teaching others. Till you have a good grasp of what your doing and the correct terms. You are just going to confuse people. Not trying to be mean.

As for the boot logo try using redsn0w extras and boot tethered fallow instructions. Hope

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

hahahahahaha your doing youtube vidoes teaching others and you pulled that boner move??

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO:D
    Well put.
    OP, not sure what you did but its not as simple as "getting rid of the Apple logo"
    Please dont try to teach others any more.

15. P4r4doX macrumors newbie

P4r4doX

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; sk-sk) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try hard reset it, put into DFU mode and boot tethered.

16. P4r4doX macrumors newbie

P4r4doX

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; sk-sk) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try hard reset it, put into DFU mode and boot tethered.

17. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Bricked's definition has been generally accepted to be expanded and no long only applies when the magic smoke has been released. And this is off topic.

There is a belief that 5.0.1 closes a security hole that will be used to jailbreak it.

18. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

agreed, if your iPhone is bricked there is nothing we can do, take it the Apple store and replace it

19. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Ha..ha. Actually, he is trying to make a you tube video on "how to brick an Iphone". :D

20. Fulcrom macrumors newbie

Too Funny

Yep leave the How to's to the people that know what they're doing. Sorry not trying to pile on but. its this kinda stuff that cause people to "brick there devices".

i really hope you get it fixed but do some research and practice first before you put it on youtube, imagine if it was your first time jb and you get a ********ked up vid online and wasn't aware of forums like this to get help you would be screwed think good luck with your idevice.

21. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

It's only to cause others to brick THEIR phones too so there would be A LOT more people on the forums that are in the same boat as him, LOL.

22. wpotere Guest

Bad belief as I just jail broke my 4 on 5.0.1. :D

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think he was talking about the 4S.
    The iPhone 4 is jb forever tethered with a bootrom exploit.

24. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You can put your phone in DFU mode and restore to 5.0.1. Your phone will be a perfectly functional iPhone. It won't be jailbreakable for the time being, but that has nothing to do with whether your phone is 'bricked.'