iPhone 4 brightness

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LouieSamman, Sep 16, 2010.

1. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I had it an auto but when I turned it off and put the brightness slider all the way up, the clarity and details I saw on the screen was so intense. It really looks great.

Does anyone else do this also, do you find it too battery intensive that you don't do it?

The battery life isn't so bad when doing it, I just turn off push for email and battery life seems to last long enough for me.

2. Xplict91 macrumors member

well sometimes when im in a bright area I tend to raise it all the way, but Its usually not worth the battery life since i only charge once per day its usually left very dim

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Only in direct sunlight.

Indoors I find it to be too bright. Your eyes can stand that?

4. aleni macrumors 68020

hell. it's nice but it's too bright for me too. i usually on 60% with auto brightness set on.

5. MacJones macrumors 6502

I leave it turned up all the way 95% of the time and have no problems getting through the day after charging it the night before.

6. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Same here. The only time I turn it down is at night in a room where all light are off (except the tv) because in that situation it's too bright. All other times it's at max brightness.

7. Hemmo macrumors regular

my basic setting is about 70% auto of but when reading book in dim light i usually turn brightness down to 30% brightness at 100% hurts my eyes :)

8. Lingham macrumors regular

Exactly what I do. Unless im outside and cant see the dim its all the way up, if not its down

9. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

I just can't see why Apple don't allow their Auto Brightness "feature" to change the brightness DOWN in dark situations.
    Why only UP in bright situations?

Evry night I go to bed and use it as a bedside clock, I have to p1ss around in the settings menu

The Mac has done it correctly for ages.

10. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I find the auto brightness on my iPhone 4 dim perfectly in dark environments and light up enough to be viewable in the daylight.

maybe they need to tweak it up a bit to make if better in some cases, such as speed in changing brightness since it sometimes take awhile to recognize the brightness levels of where I am.

11. madKIR macrumors 6502

If you compare it to the 3GS, the latter is faster in terms of adjusting to brightness around. More and more I believe that the sensor in the iPhone 4 is a piece of crap, thus there are so many of others experiencing the issues with it. It's a hardware flaw and no way Apple will fix it with software...

12. mb25667 macrumors member

They really need a secondary slider for the brightness, so you can set minimum and maximum.

13. beaver183 macrumors newbie

never had any prob with the brightness but come to think of it, yes i wish the brightness sensor can do better.

14. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

is it better for battery life to keep my brightness at say 60% with auto brightness off or have the max at like 80/90% but auto on?

15. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

What I'd like is for the brightness to be on absolute minimum in a pitch black room and on maximum on full sunlight.
    Is that possible?

16. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I leave the brightness at 100%, and then when it gets totally dark (such as in a club or before the film starts in a cinema) I turn it all the way down to 0%, its still perfectly readable.

I'm actually very impressed with the brightness of the iPhones screen and how beautiful it looks on a day-to-day basis.