iPhone 4 Broken

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iChillax, Dec 22, 2013.

1. iChillax macrumors regular

iChillax

My Dad's iPhone 4 just broke. He was able to get an iPhone 5C for his own needs but I want to repair it or take it somewhere to get repaired. It's got 32gb of storage so It can be used either as a backup phone or even a great gift to someone I know. Does anyone have any experience with broken iPhones and how much it will cost to get them repaired??? Thank you!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Take it to Apple and get an Out of Warranty replacement.

3. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

"just broke" is too vague, we need to know what's broken, what are the symptoms. My daughter's 4 needs new glass back and front and a battery, all fixable myself.

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

What's wrong with it?

5. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

My bad everyone. The power button doesn't work and the battery might have died. The device doesn't turn on. It's not in bad shape at all and doesn't have any water damage. The screen is perfect. It doesn't turn on at all tho and the power button doesn't work.

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

SquareTrade probably won't be able to help unless you signed up for the service initially. When SquareTrade fixed my iPad they had me send it to the company iresq for the repair. They did very good work, but I know for the iPhone 4 many of the repairs are similar in price to the Apple out if warranty fee ($150 for iPhone 4).

7. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

Device won't even turn on :( My bad everyone. The power button doesn't work and the battery might have died. The device doesn't turn on. It's not in bad shape at all and doesn't have any water damage. The screen is perfect. It doesn't turn on at all tho and the power button doesn't work.

8. Idefix macrumors 6502

The battery by itself is $79, and if you take it to the genius bar and ask them about the home button (is that what you mean by power button--or do you mean the button on the top of the phone?) you might get a break because the home button frequently went bad.

If it's the power button, who knows, you might get lucky?

9. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

Battery is a 2 minute fix. Just need a T5 torx screwdriver, and a small philips. As for the power button, that is a lot more difficult. The power button and proximity sensor ribbons are very delicate.

Battery is $7. Power button cable is $3. Thats cheap.

10. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

As above this is a $10-15 project, online sellers often bundle a little toolkit, given the phone is spare now its a no-brainer to try this with "health warning" regarding how tricky the power button might be. It might be worth changing the battery and seeing if the power button is just jammed ?

11. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

Yeah I might try this. IFixIt is the go to site???