Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone 4+Bumper and Apple 3G Dock Charger Mod....

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
Has anyone modded a apple 3G dock charger to fit the iPhone 4 with Bumper yet??? I plan on doing this as soon as my bumper arrives, But i wanted to see if there was any videos or pictures of anyone who currently has done it.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
im gonna take the dremel to my chinese knockoff one before i take it to the real thing.

Comment

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
yea so much for the dremel idea, the dock is hollow plastic, i was careful and cut right thru the casing.

Comment

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
yea so much for the dremel idea, the dock is hollow plastic, i was careful and cut right thru the casing.

I plan on using a Rotary File (Vermont American #16671) then maybe the Dremel if need be to smooth out or something.

Comment

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Just modded mine. It's not a pretty dremel job but it gets the job done. It fits well and it charges. (Btw this is my china brand one) I cut out the whole dock part, it's just the bare connector.

You could use the bare circuit board...

Or you can cut out the part I did...

Comment

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
Just modded mine. It's not a pretty dremel job but it gets the job done. It fits well and it charges. (Btw this is my china brand one) I cut out the whole dock part, it's just the bare connector.

Nice mod, That plastic looks easier to cut out instead of the apple dock. I'm just waiting for the Bumper so i can start on mine. Thanks for pics.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.