iPhone 4+Bumper and Apple 3G Dock Charger Mod....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by -Knight-, Jun 27, 2010.

1. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Has anyone modded a apple 3G dock charger to fit the iPhone 4 with Bumper yet??? I plan on doing this as soon as my bumper arrives, But i wanted to see if there was any videos or pictures of anyone who currently has done it.

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

im gonna take the dremel to my chinese knockoff one before i take it to the real thing.

3. glen e macrumors 68030

I have a 3G and an I4 on the way. My dremel tool is gonna make one of them work for the bumper case....

4. ihonda macrumors 68000

yea so much for the dremel idea, the dock is hollow plastic, i was careful and cut right thru the casing.

5. -Knight- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I plan on using a Rotary File (Vermont American #16671) then maybe the Dremel if need be to smooth out or something.

6. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Just modded mine. It's not a pretty dremel job but it gets the job done. It fits well and it charges. (Btw this is my china brand one) I cut out the whole dock part, it's just the bare connector.

You could use the bare circuit board...
    [​IMG]

Or you can cut out the part I did...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. -Knight- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Nice mod, That plastic looks easier to cut out instead of the apple dock. I'm just waiting for the Bumper so i can start on mine. Thanks for pics.