Iphone 4 bumper case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nibuoy, May 3, 2011.

1. nibuoy macrumors member

Hey,
    I'm looking for a bumper case for the iphone 4 (verizon). I've tried the apple bumper, but it is too bulky for my liking. I really like the design of ciderz, but it is AT&T only. Will it come out for the verizon version? Are there any other slim bumper cases that give decent drop protection?

PS I'm also looking for a front and back screen protector. I have IS, but I don't like the feeling, and sometimes gives rainbow lines. I've been considering Bodyguardz or power support.

Thanks in advance

2. mgg macrumors member

Both my son and I have the PS anti-glare screen protector on our iPhones (and iPads), and love them. I started with the IS on my iPad and hated the rubbery texture; the PS is so much better. (We like the feel of the PS anti-glare better than the PS crystal too -- plus it really cuts down on fingerprints and smudges.)

I put the PS back protector on my phone, only because it came with the PS Air Jacket I got today. (It came with the anti-glare screen protector also). If you're looking for something slim, you might want to check it out. It doesn't look like it'll offer too much protection, but it may be enough for you. I have the clear one on my white iPhone right now, and other than the cutout for the camera, I can barely tell it's there. (Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be enough protection for me.)

http://www.powersupportusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/428/s/air-jacket-set/category/54/

3. nibuoy thread starter macrumors member

The problem with the air jacket, and other slim snap on cases like the incipio feather, give no drop protection. I would consider even a full case if it doesn't add too much bulk.

i like the sgp neo hybrid series, but i've heard bad things about their thin plastic snapping.

4. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

For the CDMA iPhone, the SGP Neo Hybrid EX is really the only thin plastic bumper available. As you saw, it has gotten mixed reviews. You could also look at the Pinlo United (aluminum/plastic).

5. mgg macrumors member

I agree. I have the clear Belkin silicone cover now, and am really happy with it. It's not too bulky, it offers good protection, and I can see my white iPhone! :)
    http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=540384