iPhone 4 bumper dirt?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jamie0003, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

I got the 4S last week, amazing phone. I also bought a bumper for it, and after less than a week, it's got very dirty.

Is there any way to clean it? I can't seem to get the dirt off, iv'e tried soapy water; any other ideas?

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Alcohol pad is what i use on mine, not sure if it will have any long term efects or not.

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Really? You need to someone to tell you how to wipe your phone down?

4. Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Erm....I suppose so, it should be possible to wipe it off easily, but it's not...

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

what I do is i fill a tupperare container with dish soap and water and let the bumper sit in it for an hour. Than I wiped it with paper towel. If it gets really cracked and stuff apple will take it back.

6. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

i bought a non apple bumper and its working great for me. The quality is excellent compared to a previous bumper I bought on ebay. The official bumpers are a bit pricey and I've heard terrible things about them scuffing the band. I wouldn't try anything corrosive, I use iklear to clean all my apple products. If you buy the set they even include a cloth that polishes due to a rough texture on the cloth.

EDIT: oh sorry you meant cleaning the bumper not the phone >.<