iPhone 4 + Bumper dock help [UK]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simbazz, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Simbazz macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Quick question, pretty much want a dock and I've heard the official iPhone 4 dock doesn't work when the phone as a bumper on it. It'd be a hassle to keep taking it off and on all the time, so,

Have any of you guys found any docks which are good, and if so, could you link me to them? Remember, I'm looking for UK sites, not too good with the shipping etc.

2. ichiban06 macrumors regular

without using any adapters the universal dock will fit the IP4 with the bumper on but the only thing holding it up is the usb connector.

3. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I picked up two of the old edition Docks on sale in Tesco for £5 each last year, I don't see any reason as to why they wouldn't hold the new iPhone 4 and they work with the apple remote that came with my iMac.

4. Simbazz thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, thats ridiculous! Apple haven't really thought this release through!

5. outpost macrumors member

outpost

When I put my iP4 into the universal dock (it will fit with the bumper on) I get a message saying that it's not compatible.

6. Simbazz thread starter macrumors regular

7. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

With any dock connectors, No - but without it will charge nicely. :cool:

8. Simbazz thread starter macrumors regular

I've had a long day, excuse me, but I don't understand :eek: If its meant to be a joke, which I suspect it is? Then tell me it tomorrow when I've slept, and I'll certainly be in a much more jovial mind frame :p

9. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

Funny you should ask, as recently came across http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.42177 and thought 'solves the bumper problem, doesn't it?'

Yes, I know you asked for uk options, but shipping's free and I've never had a problem other than the wait (1-2 weeks)
    Disclaimer; I haven't got one either, but all a dock is; is a stand with 30pin USB pass through.

10. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

Was presuming this was a funny with 'bumper' removal implied, but then realised the universal dock comes with inserts for the different models...