Iphone 4 Bumper Effectiveness

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by James.123, Jul 6, 2010.

1. James.123 macrumors regular

for all of you that have bumpers on your iphones, despite looking awesome, do they really help the iphone be protected at least a little bit? Does it prevent shattering until at least one more drop than normal? I just ordered one and was a little iffy...
    Thanks

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

If your worried about it use it until the Otterbox Defender comes out and then get it.

Your iPhone will be practically impervious to anything except water. It is not waterproof.

I think they look OK but my iPhone using buddies think they are fugally. But they really, and I mean really protect your iPhone investment. Built like a tank, and as good looking.

3. mzd macrumors 6502a

there are a bunch of reviews on here, all within the first few pages of the iPhone forum. basically they will help some types of falls, but not all. there was a report of a significant fall where the bumper definitely saved the iPhone and the bumper took the brunt of the fall, enough so that the bumper was damaged but not the iPhone.
    and there are other reports of the iPhone glass cracking even though a bumper was on.
    so there you go. it all depends on the type of fall, the way it lands, and the surface it lands on.