iPhone 4 - Buy an I6 or Android

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emilberger, Aug 28, 2014.

1. emilberger macrumors newbie

The problem is I have an Iphone4 and an IPad.

they have gotten horrible as I have to reboot at least once a day and they hang and lag badly. Considering this is a larger investment than other options and much worse long term support. And the what appears to be purposeful sabotage of the older systems with non supporting new software.
    I am now forced to look at a new system when what I have was good and should have been perfectly fine.
    So why should I purchase a IPhone 6 if I know the support it lacking and rude and the features like speakers and mike are 2-3 years behind all the others.
    (when my family calls each other on their Iphone 5s it is almost impossible to understand them as their mics are muddled and when I listen on their I5s it is worse as the speaker probably cost a nickle.

2. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

Are you sure that there just isn't something wrong with the iPhone? My two year old iPhone 4 works fine. I don't have any problem understanding people calling me and vice versa.

3. mojito macrumors member

Well for one, it sounds like you already made up your mind and see the iPhone as an inferior product. That's all well and fine if it's not up to your standards, but just go for a droid if that's the case. If sound and speaker function is the main function you're concerned with, browse the droid forums for peoples opinions on best speaker and call sound so you get what you're looking for. I'm plenty happy with my iPhone sound capability and I'm on a 4S. But then again, I'm not you, so just do what's best for you.

4. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

You're joking, right? You're lucky if you get one update with an Andriod device. And if you do get it, it is months after Google releases it. Apple on the other hand, pushes out updates to all of its devices simulaneously.

What version of the iPad do you have? The iPad 2 is going to receive iOS 8. That device is ancient in tech terms. How many Android devices that old are still receiving updates?

5. emilberger thread starter macrumors newbie

OK people sure get protective.
    I have enjoyed our Iphone and Apple products.
    I really don't need another if it worked properly.
    But with the updates to the Iphone 4 it is irritating and things stagger, I have to retype phone numbers, the voice recognition software has gotten worse with the updates, etc. I don't need a bigger phone, I don't need to get all my stuff out of the iclound and into another cloud. It is a pain to change but I now have to. I only have one droid and it is older than the Iphone and was never better but now on the phone side it is better. I tried it with a cheap sim card.
    So that is my issue with the Iphone4 - and the comment is that the updates were provided knowing the outcome and will that philosophy continue??? Or is there a different philosophy for future products.

The on the 5 is . IT IS GREAT but the phone sticks, sucks, etc, etc.

The quality of the mic an speaker is bad and has been admitted to by Apple and has been shown by outside sources that they are "2-3 years behind" everyone else. The Iphone5 speakers are awful. I've asked everyone I know and they like the phone but have the same issue of muddled conversations with a lot of "waht did you say, can you repeat that." And it is also the mike as it is worse for me to listen to my wife on my son's 5 than my 4. AND worse listen to the phone by speaker is jagged, sharp and ear piercing. These are just facts.

I do not want to switch from my Iphone4 but I have no choice as it is not a piece of junk due to the updates.

I do not have the option of a Iphone 5 as the speaker phone it self would cause me to throw it across the room.

I am holding out for an Iphone6 but want despirately to know whether Apple will listen to their customers or is saving $2 on a part the standard now. There is no money back policy when you buy the phone so I want to make sure that it will address the issues in the Iphone and not the way MS addressed Windows Me with Windows Vista.