iPhone 4 buy now or not

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gilljoy, Jul 6, 2010.

  1. gilljoy macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2009
    #1
    Im thinking of buying out of my contract early, just looking some advice.

    It'd cost me around £289 to get the phone on o2 on a £30 a month 18 month contract.

    selling my old iphone 3g should get me around £170 + I hope so would be reasonable.

    just wondering what the general concencious about getting the phone now is with the signal and proximity sensor issues.

    since im upgrading early I couldnt return the phone if i encounter these problems as o2 apparenrlt dont let you since its a known fault.

    would it be better to buy now or wait until november when my contracts up.
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    Unless your current phone isn't functioning properly, stick with your existing contract.
     
  3. alectheking macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2010
    #3
    I would buy. I love mine to death. Haven't had any proximity issues, I think that's in the minority and will be addressed soon. You will grow to love the retina display very quickly and will see how vast of an improvement it is. When you load macrumors, all the side forums are even crisp and legible without zooming in, something not remotely possible on the older screens. I would hate to have to go back to the old ones. The new camera and hd video is brilliant to have to:)


    Edit: I didn't see the November part, but having already been used to the new phone, I couldnt wait till then.
     

Share This Page