iPhone 4 Buy Now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by P140897, Aug 31, 2010.

1. P140897 macrumors member

Hi all!

I heard that the iPhone 4 might be getting an hardware update in late Sep. because of its antenna problems, I am stuck now without knowing really what to do... buy or wait?

What do you think?

In my opinion I think that it wont get an update until at least january but you never know...

Thanks in Advance
    :apple::apple::apple:

2. 184550 Guest

If you don't mind waiting, then wait. If you want it now, then get it now.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

That's just a rumor. Steve knew about the weak antenna so I doubt Apple will update it before next summer. Waiting game is endless so if you need a new phone now, just buy

4. P140897 thread starter macrumors member

That's what i thought and also waiting game is endless that's for sure! I'll just get it now!

Thanks for the help

5. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

I was going to buy 2 of the new iPhone 4 units until I heard about the antenna issue and the proximity sensor. Since I am not in a hurry, I am going to wait for either an update or the iPhone 5.

6. Ein2015 macrumors newbie

7. tesilential macrumors regular

If you already have an Iphone or smartphone then I would buy now.

If you have a dumbphone and can wait until next June you'll save money.

What would be dumb is paying the same amount for data on a crappier phone for a year while you wait.

Best case scenario, your upgrade date will get moved up to June of next year anyways.

Worse case scenario you can upgrade a year from now, by which time I4(S) should be jailbroken.

8. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

All you have to do is keep waiting. Things will continuously change and you can see whether the decision would have possibly been good or bad. I'm just kidding. If there is a possible update this month, what is the harm in waiting? If you don't, then you might wish you had. For that matter, what if something comes out in January as rumored?

9. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

The only reason that I considered getting an iPhone is that I can easily afford it even though I really do not have a use for it. The cell phone I have now only makes 5 or 6 calls a month and is never turned on unless I want to make a call.

I have high speed Internet at my house with at least one computer in every room, so I would not enjoy Internet on such a small screen when I am used to using 23 inch monitors.

So, even though I think about an iPhone, it is probably not in my immediate future. And if I ever decide to get one, it will have to be free of issues.

10. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

Get the phone now, return it in 29 days.

While you're at the store returning it, get another one.

Return that after 29 days.

(and repeat, until you've determined what will happen in Oct, Nov, Dec, January).

AND you'll probably make some friends amongst the staff at the Apple Store during all those return sessions--at least they'll know your name!)

:D

11. macfan881 macrumors 68020

on a side note I'd buy now if there is a new model comes out by the end of the month you should be able to be under the waranty to return it and get a new model.

12. juicedropsdeuce macrumors 6502

-
    No.
    They are revising the hardware so it doesn't suck like the current Rev.
    :apple:

13. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

I don't have an iPhone so...I still don't believe all the hype about the problems. Everyone I run in to who ACTUALLY has an iPhone 4 loves it. There might be a slight issue here or there but who doesn't have some issue or another with their phone? I am so over hearing about the detrimental issues that I have yet to see. The only reason I do not have an iPhone in my hands this very second is due to the annoying rumors that it is going to Verizon. As a Verizon subscriber I have to put a cent or two in the boat that someone actually knows what they are talking about. Come January if nothing has been revealed then I will, with no regret, jump to the carrier that provides service to the iPhone. Whoever that may be...:apple:

14. Resist macrumors 68030

But the case choices suck. I wish they gave us cash instead.