iPhone 4 Buy Now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by P140897, Aug 31, 2010.

  1. P140897 macrumors member

    Mar 10, 2009
    Hi all!

    I heard that the iPhone 4 might be getting an hardware update in late Sep. because of its antenna problems, I am stuck now without knowing really what to do... buy or wait?

    What do you think?

    In my opinion I think that it wont get an update until at least january but you never know...

    Thanks in Advance
  2. 184550 Guest

    May 8, 2008
    If you don't mind waiting, then wait. If you want it now, then get it now.
  3. Hellhammer Moderator


    Staff Member

    Dec 10, 2008
    That's just a rumor. Steve knew about the weak antenna so I doubt Apple will update it before next summer. Waiting game is endless so if you need a new phone now, just buy
  4. P140897 thread starter macrumors member

    Mar 10, 2009
    That's what i thought and also waiting game is endless that's for sure! I'll just get it now!

    Thanks for the help
  5. maccompaq macrumors 65816


    Mar 6, 2007
    I was going to buy 2 of the new iPhone 4 units until I heard about the antenna issue and the proximity sensor. Since I am not in a hurry, I am going to wait for either an update or the iPhone 5.
  6. Ein2015 macrumors newbie

    Aug 30, 2010
  7. tesilential macrumors regular

    May 9, 2010
    If you already have an Iphone or smartphone then I would buy now.

    If you have a dumbphone and can wait until next June you'll save money.

    What would be dumb is paying the same amount for data on a crappier phone for a year while you wait.

    Best case scenario, your upgrade date will get moved up to June of next year anyways.

    Worse case scenario you can upgrade a year from now, by which time I4(S) should be jailbroken.
  8. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

    Aug 7, 2009
    Coachella, CA
    All you have to do is keep waiting. Things will continuously change and you can see whether the decision would have possibly been good or bad. I'm just kidding. If there is a possible update this month, what is the harm in waiting? If you don't, then you might wish you had. For that matter, what if something comes out in January as rumored?
  9. maccompaq macrumors 65816


    Mar 6, 2007
    The only reason that I considered getting an iPhone is that I can easily afford it even though I really do not have a use for it. The cell phone I have now only makes 5 or 6 calls a month and is never turned on unless I want to make a call.

    I have high speed Internet at my house with at least one computer in every room, so I would not enjoy Internet on such a small screen when I am used to using 23 inch monitors.

    So, even though I think about an iPhone, it is probably not in my immediate future. And if I ever decide to get one, it will have to be free of issues.
  10. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502


    Jun 10, 2008
    Get the phone now, return it in 29 days.

    While you're at the store returning it, get another one.

    Return that after 29 days.

    (and repeat, until you've determined what will happen in Oct, Nov, Dec, January).

    AND you'll probably make some friends amongst the staff at the Apple Store during all those return sessions--at least they'll know your name!)

  11. macfan881 macrumors 68020

    Feb 22, 2006
    on a side note I'd buy now if there is a new model comes out by the end of the month you should be able to be under the waranty to return it and get a new model.
  12. juicedropsdeuce macrumors 6502

    Jun 23, 2010
    They are revising the hardware so it doesn't suck like the current Rev.
  13. MonkeyET macrumors 6502

    Aug 7, 2009
    Coachella, CA
    I don't have an iPhone so...I still don't believe all the hype about the problems. Everyone I run in to who ACTUALLY has an iPhone 4 loves it. There might be a slight issue here or there but who doesn't have some issue or another with their phone? I am so over hearing about the detrimental issues that I have yet to see. The only reason I do not have an iPhone in my hands this very second is due to the annoying rumors that it is going to Verizon. As a Verizon subscriber I have to put a cent or two in the boat that someone actually knows what they are talking about. Come January if nothing has been revealed then I will, with no regret, jump to the carrier that provides service to the iPhone. Whoever that may be...:apple:
  14. Resist macrumors 68030

    Jan 15, 2008
    But the case choices suck. I wish they gave us cash instead.

Share This Page