iPhone 4 buy, resell, get iPhone 5 or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cingular, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Cingular macrumors regular

Im new to the forums but have been a long Macrumors visitor. I found out that i qualify for ATT FAN. Even though the prices of Smartphone plans are ridiculously overpriced, i think its time to get a phone and why not a phone that actually works. To make it short should i buy iPhone 4 now and resell it once the new one comes out? I was looking at the refurbished one and its $99 or i could go to walmart for a new one for $147. Then resell it for $350 (lets say) and that will take care of the new iphone (if price stays the same)

But then i have the question will ATT/Apple give me a early upgrade in Sept for the iphone 5?How has the past been when people upgrade to the next gen?

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

You could if you like wasting money! ;)

Wait a month for the iPhone 5. It will be worth the months wait...

3. vodouman macrumors regular

I was really tempted to buy an iPhone 4 this past week. I could have had one with unlimited data (real unlimited), 5000 mins, 5000 texts for £35.00 a month and £150 cash back, plus I have my old phone (HTC HD2) to sell to put towards it.

So it was looking to be a great deal... But It makes more sense to wait for the iPhone 5 to come out in September because if it's a major upgrade it'll be worth getting that, if not then I could get the same deal as above on the iPhone 4 but even cheaper...

4. Cingular thread starter macrumors regular

my plan should not be that bas as well: 450 min,2gb data for $55.
    But then again don't see my self using 450 mins a month...maybe Tmobile pre paid is the way to go.:confused:

5. flipnotik macrumors newbie

A definite +1. Save some money, and in a months time, you have your iPhone 5, and money for accessories.

6. vodouman macrumors regular

Wow. What a crappy contract! :eek:

7. forcetactic macrumors 6502

The price of the new iPhone once you buy your 4 will be $649 unsubsidized not $199 just fyi since you're already in a 2 year contract

8. Maschil macrumors 6502a

Maschil

yah just wait... get an ipod touch or something to help you get through the time....it would be foolish to enjoy the iphone 4 for just two months and them be out of another 450 just to do an early upgrade...