iPhone 4 buying advice from classifieds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akravikanth, Oct 7, 2010.

1. akravikanth macrumors newbie

Hi,

One of my friend is in a official trip to Sunnyvale CA. Hence, I am searching for a good deal in craigslist, so that he can buy one iPhone 4 and bring it to India. The deals whichever looks trustworthy are in the range of $600 - $650 for the 16GB version and it is almost equal to the cost of a factory unlocked version available in Canada and Hong Kong. The seller is saying that he had bought it from Bestbuy.

Also, I have come across another ad in an Indian classifieds site, which claims $400 for the 32GB factory unlocked version. Not able to judge the credibility of the advertiser. Kinda confused on this regard, any help???

http://guwahati.olx.in/for-sale-apple-iphone-4g-32gb-apple-iphone-4g-16gb-400-00-iid-126830052

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

If it's too good to be true, it usually is. $400 for a brand new, factory unlocked, 32GB iPhone 4 with no contract? Unless it's stolen and they're just looking to flip it, I can't imagine anyone trying to sell it that low. I don't think there's such a thing as an international warranty, at least not from Apple. Buy two and you get one free? I wouldn't do it unless it was in person and you were carrying a concealed weapon as backup, and you get to crack the retail box open and test/activate it in front of them.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I would avoid buying iPhones from craigslist or Kijiji. Not recommended at all.

5. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

OP that's a scam if I ever seen one(link you provided) I've had a few iPhones in my day but none of them have ever came with a warranty certificate!

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

The ad is typical of the spam postings I see often on forums. They offer many phones and things and the pricing is not believable. Even if you do get an "iPhone" it's almost certainly going to be a cheap chinese knockoff.

7. akravikanth thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies..

I just sent a mail to the advertiser on why the price is so cheap and the authenticity of the iPhone and I have got the following reply

He is saying they are based from UK, but in another site, he is claiming they are from Los Angeles, CA. This proves that he is scamming.