iPhone 4 buzzes when iMac or Macbook start up - whilst not plugged into either.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by khanrahan, Oct 24, 2011.

1. khanrahan macrumors newbie

Hi there.

I recently updated to ios5 on my iPhone4. Also I turned on Home Sharing on my MacBook Pro and on my iMac. However since I did all this my phone has been intermittently vibrating. Normally in bursts of 3 short vibrations. They see to happen when the MacBook or the iMac are either powering up from sleep, going into sleep, starting up or shutting down. This happens in spite of the phone not being attached to either device physically. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and if so does anyone have a solution?

It's pretty annoying as I keep thinking I've received a text message or that an email has come through, but nothing has arrived to the phone. Also this happens in spite of the phone not being in silent.

I hope someone can help! Thanks.

:)

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

3. khanrahan thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont think it is the Wi-Fi Sync. I have not set that up yet and according to iTunes Wi-Fi Sync the last sync was on Friday 21st of October (which would have been when the phone was last plugged into the Mac). Also the "Sync Now" button is greyed out so I'm guessing it is not this.