iPhone 4 cable + my Alpine ida-x100

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by whodareswins, Apr 30, 2012.

1. whodareswins macrumors regular

My iphone cable broke for my Apline car stereo a while ago and have since been using a usb flash drive. Does anyone know if I would be able to use my power cable for my iPhone? And if yes, I assume it would work the same for the latest iPod touch?

Any help would be great!

2. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

No. I have the same radio and tried. I don't really care for that connector being so close to the end. You have to use the Alpine one

3. whodareswins thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you happen to know which connector is needed? And also wether you can you have the iphone cable and USB cable plugged in at the same time?

----------

Thanks for the help by the way.

4. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

There are 2 ways to connect the iphone to that radio. I'm assuming by your OP the black cable that came with the radio is the one that broke seeing your using a memory stick.

This is what you'll need
    http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-KCU-440i-iPhone-Cable-CDA-105/dp/B002T58JXY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335821039&sr=8-1

There are others on ebay and such for cheaper but most of those are a one piece cable so you'll lose the ability to unplug the iphone part and plug in a memory stick then.