iPhone 4 Calls using too much battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vslo, Oct 4, 2010.

1. vslo macrumors regular

Hi,
    I am facing some problems since I bought my iphone... My battery is normal for I've been checking with others here on forum. The only problem is that it drops too fast when I am on a call. And its 2G. I.e. if I make a call that last about 2 min and another that last 1 min... when I finish them, its very likely that the battery dropped 1%. Regarding other stuff, I think my battery is normal. I get about 3 min/% in 3G with 50% brightness auto off, and 5min/% in wifi...
    Do you guys have the same problem ?

2. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

So about 3 minutes per 1% of battery charge, that's about right. That translates to 300 minutes for 100%, or 5 hours. Maximum is about 6+ hours if you have strong reception.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Ah. I know what the problem is. Turn off your percentage meter. 1% loss is nothing. Stop obsessing :)

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Apple's website says he should be getting 14 hours. Going from 14 hours to 5 hours doesn't aound "about right" to me.

That said, a few minutes isn't enough time to judge. Maybe the phone started downloading e-mail at that exact moment or something. OP, do more testing...if you get similar number with 15 minute calls then you may be on to something. But with just a few minutes I don't think you can know for sure that it was th phone call that used that 1% of battery. It could have been anything.

5. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

;)

6. spikefood macrumors regular

Honestly 1% is such a small sample size. Your phone could have been doing countless other times. It could have been fighting for a better signal or any other number of times. Do a 60+ minute call and then it might be more accurate to show how much life has been used.

Besides the percentage meter will never be truly 100% accurate. For example, I unplugged my phone over 30 minutes ago and it still says 100%.

7. stuff99 macrumors 6502

I noticed that after the 4.1 update my phone heats up faster and uses more battery life.

Anyone else experience the same thing?