iPhone 4 came fully charged and do I have 14 days to return even If I have opened it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hamzab, Dec 25, 2010.

1. hamzab macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Question is in the title really. I normally charge my electrical devices for the first for a couple of hours but the iPhone 4 came fully charged as the battery in the top right is displaying a plug.

Also, do I have 14 days to return the iPhone? Even If I've opened it? It's just becasue on the Buyer's guide it states that the iPhone is coming to the end of its cycle and therefore I may give it back and use the money to get a possible iPhone 4GS/5 etc etc.

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

The next iteration of the iPhone isn't likely to arrive before the end of the summer... but you never know

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

The Buyer's Guide is skewed because of the rapid release when the iPhone first came out. This was due to the 2G > 2G with 16gb of space > 3G all within 12 months. Since then, aside from this anomaly, the iPhone has followed a steady ~12 month release cycle. I think you will be fine to keep this one.

4. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

The next iPhone will probably come by June, about 6 months from now, so don't expect it to come some time soon.

5. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

June 2011.

6. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Merry Christmas!

You might even have 30 days. On my Apple receipts the return period was indicated. It might be on yours too.

Regarding the charge--most of my Apple products have come with some charge. I had one iPhone come with zero charge (and a production date of a few months before purchase). I never was able to get that phone to charge fully, so Apple tested and replaced it.

7. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Hi twinsie!

8. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Mine and my parents ipads arrived fully charged.

9. adityajawa macrumors newbie

It doesn`t make a difference even if it came fully charged if it`s working fine.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I read on this very forum that Apple would be releasing a Verizon phone right after Christmas. I feel bad for all the poor people who got crappy ATT phones for xmas.

Merry Christmas. I'm kidding, not going to happen

11. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Oh, yea... and everything in a rumor forum is guaranteed accurate..... :D

12. Gordon Gekko macrumors regular

I don't think that Apple will make a separate version of the iPhone 4 for Verizon's network. It is more likely that the next iteration will be available on Verizon.

13. hamzab thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree with the Investment Banker.

Therefore, can I play around with this iPhone for 14 days and then give it back after for a FULL refund?

14. SL4VE macrumors 6502

15. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

iPhone Return Policy
    If you are not fully satisfied with your iPhone purchase, you can return your undamaged iPhone to the Apple Online Store within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Please visit online Order Status or call 1-800-676-2775 to request a return. If you return your iPhone within 30 calendar days from shipment, you will not be charged a restocking fee. The iPhone must be returned in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation.