iPhone 4: Camera App HDR vs Pro HDR vs TrueHDR. Who wins?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by slipper, Sep 14, 2010.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Does anyone have both the Camera app HDR (iOS 4.1) and Pro HDR or TrueHDR? How do they measure up against each other?

*edit* The reason i am asking is because i want HDR but dont want to upgrade to 4.1 and lose my unlock and jailbreak.

2. hyteckit Guest

I have the same question.

I think I'll buy Pro HDR.

Apple HDR for more realistic pictures.

Pro HDR for more surreal looking pictures.

So it depends on the outcome you want.

3. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

4. jluce50 macrumors regular

I purchased both ProHDR and TrueHDR. The both have pros and cons, but overall I prefer ProHDR. It offers more ability to fine tune the results.

5. Zcott macrumors 68020

So really it comes down to whether you want your photos to look better (the Apple method) or totally washed out and unrealistic looking bad attempts at HDR (apps).

Good HDR shouldn't be noticeable.

6. jluce50 macrumors regular

Right, and realism is the only valid form of painting. It's art, my friend. :rolleyes:

7. MrMinor macrumors 6502

Spoken by someone who has a cursory knowledge of HRD and is just parroting what he has heard other say.

HDR is a tool and can be used for any number of end results. If you are going for realism then sure HRD should not be noticed, but if that is not what you are after then there is no reason it can not be noticed if it gets you the end result that you want.

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Exactly. I would use Apple's HDR for normal pics and Pro HDR when you want something more dramatic.

9. andym801 macrumors newbie

TrueHRD completely "overhalls" their App

TrueHDR is claiming a major update to their app. Anyone done tests with this new version? I'd be interested in seeing these compared again.

10. wyneken macrumors regular

I haven't done any sort of careful testing, but the update looks great, and is incredibly faster. I like this better than Pro HDR now.