iPhone 4 Camera - Battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajo, Jul 12, 2010.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Has there been any testing on the battery life on the iPhone 4 when taking photos.

How many shots/hours are we to expect?

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

No I don't think there is a number out there for this. It's a stat that 99.9% of iPhone user's wouldnt care about. The only people that I think would need a stat like this would be professional photographers and I hope they aren't using their iPhone.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Something I did do was check how much battery was used during hd recording and editing.

Recording 10 minutes uses 3-5%
    simple export 10 min clip to 360p used 2%

4. ScrewTheDaisies macrumors regular

I'm not a professional photographer, and I care about it. When I go on trips where I know I'll be taking photos, yet I'll also be wanting to use it like I normally would--phone, internet--and i'll be away from a charging source all day, I have to budget my use. The more I know how things affect the battery, the better I can do this.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Okay well I guess I was wrong then. From my experience, I didn't experience any noticeable battery drain from taking pictures. I've never taken hundreds of pictures in one day though. Basically, I wouldn't worry about the camera (still pictures) using up your battery if you're using it normally.

6. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

These are my feelings exactly. A holiday away, a day traveling while abroad, you will be away from charging your phone so will be good to get some kind of idea.

7. thep33t macrumors regular

I walked around the other day and took around 400 photos w/ my phone over an hour or two, was at like 85% battery life.. You will get alot.

Of course, the photo quality sucks something major compared to a cheap DSLR...

8. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

From what I have seen the photos are very good. Nothing is going to replace a DSLR but for a point and shoot the results look great.