iPhone 4 Camera hacked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SDJCJLD, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SDJCJLD, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

SDJCJLD macrumors newbie

Please take the time to read this.
    I have a friend, whos good with computers/hacks etc. He has dispalyed basic signs of a weird obsession to me.... strange text messages etc. I am beginning to fear that he has hacked my Iphones Front/rear camera. IT IS MORE LIKE AN IPOD TOUCH BECAUSE IT'S LOCKED. The phone would come with me to school once a day and i would take it back home and it would always be connected to my WiFi. How possible is it for this to happen to me? Am i being overly paranoid? The person i am worried about having done it to me has held onto my iPhone for a good 30-40 minutes before however because it doesn't have 3G it can't have been used to plant a software... however he oculd of always used his iPhones hotspot. MY IPHONE IS NOT JAILBROKEN. And i know i can restore the system, however i'm afraid of what this person has already seen/heard etc.

Please help, i'm taking this quite tough to be honest :( Thank you very much for reading!

2. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

If you are really worried, restore the device and set it up as new.

That said, as far as I know there isn't any malicious software that can take over the iPhone's cameras - unless, of course, you have jailbroken the device.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I haven't heard of anything that take over your camera. That said, if you are still worried you should completely restore your phone and set it up as new. Don't rejailbreak, reset all of your passwords, etc.

4. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Maybe that iCaughtyou thing? is your iPhone jailbroken? that app can take secret photos of you while you try to get into your iphone...I'm not an expert on it but have ready plenty of news on it everytime it gets updated n what not.

5. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

If iPhone's Wireless is enabled, it will automatically connect to known WiFi networks it picks up.

I've read through your post twice, but I cannot see at all what makes you think your friend has managed to hack your iPhone's Front and Rear camera's.. What evidence do you have of this?? Just do what others have suggested, restore your phone, set up as new and go have fun.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

yea i read it twice and i have no idea whats going on here.

***slowly backs out of the thread***

7. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

I have heard of some spy programs that can hijack your iPhones microphone and pick up what is being said, but haven't heard of any camera spyware.

Again, why do you think this person is spying? What evidence is there?

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

If your "friend" is so weirdly obsessive, as you say, you might want to steer clear of him for a while... a loooong while.

9. Ste Nova macrumors 6502