Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SHEESH

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
It seems like ever since I got the new update (may or may not be related) that my camera has had bands of pixelation across the screen almost like a window blind effect. When I switch to the camera that faces me, it's not there, only on the camera facing out.

Has anyone else had this? Apple wants to charge me to see if it's my problem or theirs.

Thanks for any help you can give

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
Let me guess, you're shooting a computer screen, or own flourescent lighting. If so, it's natural.
If neither, check your camera lens; it could be scratched.

SHEESH

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
no, it's a picture of anything and everything. and the bands look too perfect for it to be a scratch..seems to me to be a software issue

SHEESH

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
ok here's a couple pics
It's the 4.3 update..let me know what you think..
thanks

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    412.9 KB · Views: 69
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 54

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
Update to the most recent firmware, iOS 4.3.1 (Build 8G4), and tell us what the camera does.
If it's present in iOS 4.3.1 as well, then take it to the Genius Bar, because most likely the camera sensor itself is fried.

SHEESH

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
I updated and it's still doing it. Without the apple care plan, do you think they'll charge me to fix it? I'm still under the year warranty on hardware so I'm hoping it's covered.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.