iPhone 4 camera housing loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Airforcekid, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Every time I sit my phone down or tap the back the lense rattles it Still takes good photos etc is this normal?

2. berrytarts macrumors member

ok, I had this problem too (and i still have it now)

here's what you do to qualify for an exchange:
    if you shake the phone, and you hear a rattling sound(like the camera housing), you can go down and have your iPhone exchanged. I had that problem so I got mine exchanged, no conditions attached.

However, my exchanged iPhone still has the rattling sound when I tap the camera lens(i searched google, found out its the autofocus lens), so yeah I think its normal.(you might not be able to get an exchange with this problem only, I had both the aforementioned and this)

-Lawrence:)

3. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Thanks as long as everything works I'm probley going to keep it this is the first iPhone I've had with no stuck pixels.

4. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

It's normal.. Apple made so many iPhone 4 and I hear the quality control isn't the best on this new model. You rarely heard anything like this with the 3GS that's why I didn't trade mine for the new iPhone

The 3GS is a much better phone

5. Airforcekid thread starter macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I disagree other than the camera the phone feels more solid without a case my 3Gs back was scratched bad after a few days the 4 has maybe two or three after a week.

6. Bosep macrumors regular

Eh, the lense makes some sounds because it has moving parts because of auto focus... this is not a defect and any phone with AF will do this, haha apple must be very angry at customer complaining about problems that doesnt exists :D

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Yep, its the autofocus lens. I bet the manual mentions it.