iPhone 4 camera lens has fallen out!! Pics...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JasonHD, Jul 26, 2010.

1. JasonHD macrumors regular

Never dropped it. Never had a bang. Just looked at it now and it's gone!

Anyone else had this? lol

Genius appointment booked for Thursday, it better be covered under guarantee.

Update: Photos...

Sorry about the bad quality of my webcam.

To be honest i cant see a difference in quality without the lens. but im still not happy!

Attached Files:

2. Jestered macrumors 6502

That sucks. If there's no visible damage to the phone, I can't see how they can say you caused it. I don't think you'll have a problem getting a replacement.

Get ready for all the stupid, "Pics or it didn't happen" responses....

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

If there are no signs of physical damage they'll replace it for you.

4. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

5. JasonHD thread starter macrumors regular

ill take a photo with my laptop camera, i usually use my iphone as a camera. ill show a pic of what the photos look like taken with no lense.

6. milerich macrumors regular

You still have your lens. That is just a piece of glass to protect the lens.

Good luck getting it replaced!!

7. MicroApple macrumors regular

Judging by the photo you still have your lens or those pictures wouldn't come out the way they are. The part that fell off is the cover comparable to the cornea i guess lol. But they will replace that too.

8. JasonHD thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, I now understand that its just the little round piece of glass covering the camera!

9. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Yeah that little piece of glass doesn't actually do anything for the camera but keep it safe. If you didn't get it fixed you could potentially scratch your lens and then you would see a difference in your pictures.

10. JasonHD thread starter macrumors regular

Man, I just hope they don't pull a fast one on me and say its not covered. Do they stock replacement parts like this or do they usually replace the phone?

11. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

New phone.

12. greenday123 macrumors 6502

In to see if you get your phone replaced, good luck

13. JuanGuapo macrumors 6502a

JuanGuapo

14. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I still don't understand why they didn't just hide the camera behind the back glass. It'd have probably been easy to manufacture too.

15. MicroApple macrumors regular

While I can imagine that by using a separate piece of glass if you drop the iPhone on its back and a large crack is created on the back glass it would not spread to that little round circle of glass (as they are two separate pieces), kind of brilliant actually if that is what they had in mind.

16. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

17. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

its not really a lens, just a glass covering. The lens is the convex thing over the image sensor that bends the light towards the sensor

sorry, i know im a jerk

18. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

the "filter" is coated for optimum optical peformance. making the entire back the filter would mean either coating the entire back or not coating it at all...the former would be too expensive, the latter would mean (even more) flared out photos in direct light.

OP, it's not guaranteed, it's warranteed.

This is not a sentence.

19. LelandHendrix macrumors newbie

LelandHendrix

Angry

I had my phone for two days before noticing, not a scratch, but a CRACK that perfectly bisects the circular covering over the camera lens. apple told me $199 to repair.

There is NO physical damage to my phone whatsoever, and my two year old 3G has no such scratches.

20. LelandHendrix macrumors newbie

LelandHendrix

What stinks

What stinks is when you, like me, discover that while your back glass has not even the slightest mark on it, the curricular lens covering is CRACKED COMPLETELY IN HALF

21. nmg196 macrumors newbie

No he was correct. "Warranteed" is not even a word. Please do not correct people on their English when you are wrong.