IPhone 4 Camera Not focusing !!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by inked666, Dec 22, 2012.

1. inked666 macrumors newbie

Merry Christmas guys ;-)

For some reason my rear facing camera doesn't seem to be focusing,

You can see the brightness...etc on the screen adjusting but it doesn't seem to be focusing. its especially worse if i try and take a picture of some text (even large text), in fact if i need to take a picture of some text the i need to use the front facing camera that's meant to be a lower pixel the the rear one.

I've tried replacing the camera twice now and also leaving the rear cover off to test it but its still not working.

I'm on firmware 5.1.1 and I've also tried restoring the phone as a new phone.

Has anyone got any ideas ?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

cheap replacement cameras, like the ones you find on amazon and ebay for $3-10, dont have autofocus. so if you replaced your broken camera with one of those, the problem wont appear fixed. when i replaced a non working camera in an iphone 4, i got it from ifixit.com for $30. it indeed has autofocus working properly and fixed the issue. so if you have been buying replacement cameras on the cheap, thats likely why.

also, does the white autofocus box even appear when you tap the screen or nothing at all. have you tried a restore as new?

3. Ed217 macrumors 6502

Sounds like a call to Apple is in order or a visit to a store.