iPhone 4 camera problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Demonknight, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Demonknight macrumors newbie

Hello all.

Loving my iPhone 4 but sadly when I tried taking some sample pictures I notice a brown circle in the middle of all the images. It's more present in some lighting conditions than others. I didn't notice it first thing this morning when taking some images when I first got it but after going back and looking at them again it's present on those too but only faint.

I have a couple of samples for you where it's most obvious to see. Look in the middle of each image, you'll see it. You can see the circle on the phones screen too. If you use the digital zoom it magnifies the brown circle.

Is my camera broken and requires a trip back to the Apple store?

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af6/mike65_085/iph4camera1.jpg

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af6/mike65_085/iph4camera2.jpg

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Nothing wrong with that. Just a bit of ectoplasm. It's normal.

3. Demonknight thread starter macrumors newbie

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Obviously you should make doubly sure that it isn't something on the lens, but I'd say take it straight back. That is clearly unacceptable.

5. boandkris macrumors newbie

Fixed it!

This happened to my husband's phone. We turned it off and on several times with no luck. Then he turned it off for several minutes (around 10) and voila it worked! Hope this helps!

6. Demonknight thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately turning the phone off for a long period of time didn't help. I returned the phone to the Apple store I purchased it from this morning and they swapped it out for a brand new phone without issue.

Nice to see they opened early again today at 8am and the Sheffield, UK Apple store still has some available walk-in stock. I was worried I was going to be told to return in a couple of weeks to replace it.