iPhone 4 camera "ring"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AustiSo, Jul 16, 2010.

1. AustiSo macrumors newbie

Alright, here's my first post of MacRumors.

Bought an iPhone 4 at launch, had an issue with the yellow near the bottom of the screen. Not a big deal until it got worse. Got it replaced for a new one, problem solved. About a week after that, I started to use the camera more and more, especially at a local baseball game. Noticed a small "yellowish ring" that I could compare to being the shape of a donut on the lower left hand side of pictures and some video taken. Not sure if you all know what I am dealing with here, so I'll attach some photos.

One picture shows the problem in the way I have described (on the box since a light background picks it up easy)

The second image is when I first noticed the issue at the Baseball game thanks to the fireworks display.

The last image shows that the problem is not really a matter of the glass having some sort of dust related issue. Which in turn leads me to suspect that it's some sort of software bug. (since I clearly took a screenshot with the zoom enabled)

Anybody in the same boat as me?

Attached Files:

2. LoMonkey macrumors regular

Just because you can take a screen shot of it doesn't mean it's a software bug. The screen will show what the camera throws at it. Something is on either the camera glass, or on the sensor under the glass itself. Take it to the Apple store.

3. AustiSo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick response. I haven't tried to restore it to factory and see if it still occurs. I'll probably try that first before going back for a third.