iPhone 4 camera... the green/pink circles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ubuntu, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Greetings,

I know that the green/pink areas in the centre of some iPhone 4 photos are caused by certain types of lights apparently. But yesterday I took the same photo with both a 3Gs and my iPhone 4 and the 3GS had no hint of green/pink. I know they're different phones but is the camera completely different? Obviously the 4's camera is 'better' but I was just surprised to see that the 3GS had no issue at all. This is my third iPhone 4 and all three have had it, I've not minded it so much until I noticed this.

Does every iPhone 4 user have this issue here? Do any 3GS users have it?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

iPhone 3GS has a 3.2 mega pixel camera
    iPhone 4 has a 5 mega pixel camera

so yes, they have 2 completely different cameras, and this green blob issue only affects iPhone 4 owners under certain lighting (off the top of my head I don't know who supplied both cameras)

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Weird discoloration of photos generally happen when taking pics under fluorescent lighting. I called Apple about this and they stated it was "perfectly normal" considering the environment. If you have this issue when taking pics outside in normal daylight? Then there might be something wrong with your camera.

4. Ubuntu thread starter macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Nah it was indoors, which is fine. As I said I had learnt from these forums that under certain lighting, not sunlight, this happens. But I was just surprised that the 3GS did not have it at all. Not a hint of it. I know they're different MP cameras but it was more a question of who manufactured the camera and if anyone else knew why the 3GS was free from this effect.