iPhone 4 Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apolloz, Aug 28, 2010.

1. apolloz macrumors newbie

I was going to pick up or try to pick an iPhone 4 up tomorrow but Ive been watching youtube videos about how there is a reception issue with the aluminum band around the phone if you hold it/touch it the wrong way.

This has made me rethink about buying one but I want to get other people's opinoin and experience with the iPhone 4 from this forum before I make a move.

So, is this issue really that bad? Do you get dropped calls or are people just totally blowing this who reception issue thing out of proportion?

2. King Luis macrumors 6502

imo, search.

again, imo. its not that big of an issue. also, good luck in finding one also. they are sold out pretty much everywhere.

3. Shield macrumors member

My wife has had her iPhone 4 now for 2 weeks, and I just got mine a few days ago. We absolutely love them. No reception issues...no proximity issues...awesome phones. I feel like the whole reception issue was overblown...or it is less of a problem in Canada with our networks.

4. ajax43 macrumors regular

I have had mine for two weeks now, not a single problem. FWIW

5. draz macrumors 6502a

The 2 networks are a little better in Canada because it doesn't have the huge traffic like AT&T. So the antenna issue isn't a problem here.

But I do recommend to still get a case and protect it just in case if it falls or gets scratched....

6. ATC macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

My sentiments exactly. I'm with Rogers and I do have a case on mine, no issues whatsoever. FWIW, I know stocks are low everywhere but I got mine at a Wireless Etc kiosk at my local Costco. So you may want to try obscure locations where you might luck out, like I did.