iPhone 4 - Cant Make / Receive calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by groovs, Jan 4, 2011.

1. groovs macrumors member

Hi,

i have iPhone 4 factory unlocked at 4.2.1 have bb 3.10.1

some time what happens is that i have full signal bars along with the edge icon, iPhone seems to be connected to the carrier .... but when i try to make a call or send sms it fails and similarly when someone calls me they get number not responding ....

I am really worried and confused and 4bout this thing ... its a Brand new iPhone never Jail Broken. :confused:

2. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Where are you located?

Where did you buy the phone? It sounds as though its possibly blocked as reported lost or stolen. If purchased new as you say, was this from an Apple Store, or a friend, or eBay auction etc?

3. groovs thread starter macrumors member

i am located in UK.

i am pretty sure the Phone is not reported lost or stolen .... as i got it from Vodafone store and Paid in full so factory unlocked.

the phone works fine most of the time ...but the issue i stated earlier happens randomly anytime during the day ......

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You probably ought to take it in and get it checked out. Even though it's new it may be defective.

5. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

6. groovs thread starter macrumors member

it only happens with 3's SIM though ..... no such issues with Vodafone or O2 SIM ....:confused:

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Oh didn't catch that. Probably just a bad SIM then.