iPhone 4 can't sync videos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Ray, Jun 25, 2010.

1. The Ray macrumors member

Disclaimer: I've never put videos on an iPhone before.

With the resolution on the screen of the iPhone 4 being so amazing, I wanted to put a few short videos on there to show it off. I've watched quite a few HD videos on Youtube, but obviously I'm not always going to be near a wi-fi connection.

So, I downloaded a few movie trailers from iTunes so I could show them to people whenever I wanted (and since they're free), but they won't sync to the phone. I get an error message saying that they won't play on the iPhone.

Obviously, I downloaded the 1080p versions of these, but I don't understand what the problem is. If you don't know how to get around this problem, could you at least recommend some things I could get from iTunes that WILL play in HD on the iPhone?

Thanks.

2. nparmelee macrumors 6502

What format did you download them for? Use handbrake and re-cut them for Apple TV or iPhone mode then copy those files to iTunes.

3. The Ray thread starter macrumors member

It didn't give me an option to choose a format.

All I want is to get a few free HD videos from iTunes, and watch them on the iPhone. I don't want to use other programs and recut anything.

4. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

Try downloading the 720p versions. I'm sure anything above that just wouldn't display correctly?

That's the best guess I got though.