Iphone 4 Car Charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tbee, Jun 15, 2010.

1. tbee macrumors newbie

I tried finding a thread on this, and searching the other accessory threads buut I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know where I'd be able to get the car charger that works with the iphone 4?:)

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

The question is, are the power requirements different for it?

3. tbee thread starter macrumors newbie

It's my first iphone, but YES. that makes more sense :p

4. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Hopefully the power requirements are the same as the current iPhone. If so, get an iPhone charger that is both a USB charging cable and a car charger, one like this: Griffin PowerJolt. That way you'll have an extra iPhone USB cable that you could always use with a wall charger or just plug it into a computer if you need charge in a pinch.

5. joyshaw86 macrumors newbie

Could i use the iPhone3g charger to charge iPhone4?

Could i use the iPhone3g charger to charge iPhone4? thanks

6. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

You should be able to, since both are USB. The only way you would run into problems is if the new iPhone has the same power requirements as the iPad. Hopefully, that shouldn't be the case. I know I'm screwed if it is!

7. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

My car charger for my 3G broke recently so i needed a new one being the battery dies out so fast. Figured i didn't want to waste the money on something that wouldn't work with the new iPhone. So i got one that is compatible with the iPad. Figure if it works with the iPad it will work with the iPhone 4. I got the PowerJolt.