iPhone 4 Car Mount

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Keithdawson, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Keithdawson macrumors newbie

I realize that there have been many different posts about iPhone 4 car mounts. However, I Am trying to find something very specific. I need a car mount that is either a two part (one part that connects to the car, and one that connects to the phone), or a single part one (withboth connected and purchased together) and I can find many different ones that connect to the car, and a few that connect to the iPhone. But I want a mount that is a dock. I do not want one that also is a fm transmitter. I want a mount that is only a car charger and a phone holder. I have found one that works. Unfortunately it's $100. Here is a link http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/brodit-active-holder-with-tilt-swivel-iphone-4s-4-p25229.htm Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. takeshi74, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012

takeshi74 macrumors 601

Frequently recommended: ProClip. Don't overlook the countless existing threads. You'll need a wiring solution (I use the PAC IS75) in addition to it as the ProClip mount I'm thinking of only has a pass through dock connector. If you only want it to charge there are another couple of ProClip mounts that include power (cigarette lighter or bare wire for hardwiring).

I'd strongly recommend using a Panavise bracket instead of ProClips' vehicle mounts though. ProClip's vehicle mounts tend to rely on friction and/or doublesided tape whereas Panavise's brackets securely bolt to your vehicle.

3. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

The proclip is cool...but they don't really have a good solution for my 2007 Toyota Tacoma! :confused:

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

5. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

that mountek mount is perfection, especially since I don't use my CD player at all...great price at 20bux too!

6. Keithdawson thread starter macrumors newbie

That Kuda mount looks really good. And then I would just need a thing for the iPhone itself. And the proclip charging holder would go nicely with it. And with the straight power chord it would be a very clean look.

7. ChakaChaka macrumors member

I drive a 2010 Tacoma. I use the proclip mount in my truck...works out great pm me for further details