iPhone 4 Carbon Fiber Back Cover

doyle369

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Are they any good?

And can anyone recommend a site where I could buy one from (UK Site)

Thanks

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
I have the SGP Carbon skin on order, should get it in the next few days. That, with a black Bumper should be ideal.

mac-i-ddicted

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Why not go full carbon fibre.. i recently got a decalgirl carbon skin looks good although i haven't installed it yet.! Got the tetris one on @ the mo.. delivery to uk was around 5-7 days!

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
Do you guys think the carbon fiber by SGP or carbon bumper, would be ok to put over a bodyguardz or invisible shield? I don't really wanna remove my BGz but I like the Carbon fiber look especially with a bumper.

lgreenberg

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2010
Chester Springs, PA
Do you guys think the carbon fiber by SGP or carbon bumper, would be ok to put over a bodyguardz or invisible shield? I don't really wanna remove my BGz but I like the Carbon fiber look especially with a bumper.
Totally possible but you have to do so very carefully.

Basically you only get one shot.

The adhesive on the SGP Skin is fairly strong and if you go to remove the skin it'll pull up your clear shield along with it.

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
I have the SGP Carbon skin on order, should get it in the next few days. That, with a black Bumper should be ideal.
I don't know about ideal, but it sure is sharp! Added the SGP Ultra Clear screen film to mine and I'm lovin' it.

Nickel Dime Bay

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
I have the Cubed 3D from SGP, the Carbon Fiber was sold out when i was lookiing but I dont think you can go wrong with SGP. Very good quality IMO.

soarer112

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
none of these skins are actually real carbon fiber?? well vapor element had the real carbon fiber back plate but i got the idea, reasearch on some CF veneer products and i ended up doin this CF project on my iphone4...

it feel like hard leather and looks superb..true twill weave carbon fiber. a bit thick but i belieave it is bearable and doable. havent tried it with the bumper cases..

maybe some of you carbon fiber lovers can make your out backplate cover..
if i get people in i can cnc machine for clean cuts already got the .DWG file.;)
not to ask for any sales or anything but i make the ones in the pics by hand and dremel and thought the community would like to check it out.

pics
http://rktektonic.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/p_960_640_342b846d-31b0-45c5-8914-851f1332b785.jpeg