iPhone 4. Case and screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brentg33, Jun 11, 2010.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

Hi all

I'm sure this has probably already been asked. But with the new glass on iPhone 4, do you still think a case and more importantly a screen protector will be needed?

2. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Case definitely. It has already been shown that if you drop the phone, the glass can break pretty badly. Scratch tests so far have said that they can't scratch the phone, but ill probably get a screen protector (and case obviously) just to make sure that my screen is never scratched.

3. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I'm personally going to do two screen protectors, that's it. Stainless steel rim looks more durable than the chrome, which scuffed.

4. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Both for me. Much as I hate to cover all that beauty, I find it too easy to drop my iPhone.:(

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I'm using an invisible shield on the front and back with a bumper.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I've never used a case on my iphones, but I've always used screen protectors. I am definitely not using a case on the iphone 4, will wait to see it in person to determine whether I want to slap a screen protector on it.

7. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

+1, same for me.

I'm too clumsy.

8. christyn macrumors 6502a

will be getting a bumper, wrapsol back and power support film for the front

9. Doju macrumors 68000

I'd take that test with a serious grain of salt. It's made by people who fix iPhones, so would they really admit their business will soon be useless with iPhones? Plus, it was a prototype. Or it could have been falsified. I'd wait for a real test.

I don't case my 3GS and it has a few scratches. Annoying, sure, but better than covering up the beautiful, impressive design with cheap plastic.

iPhones are very durable, and I'm sure this will be even more (much) durable than the previous.

I'll get a bumper, though. EXACTLY what I want. Raised bottom allows you to sit iPhone down on a table (front or back) without worrying about some grain or dirt scratching the phone. Basically the same effect as rubber feet on laptops.

And of course, it doesn't cover up the nice design with some cheap plastic.

10. historyteacher macrumors member